Dr. Akaki Tsilosani’s method of performing FUT surgery allowed to perform giga sessions. In 2012 to the patient 9688 grafts have been transplanted in single session, what even for today is considered as a world breaking record!
In case of FUT method donor material is taken from the permanent zone (the nape area) in a form of ellipse shape skin.
Steps of the surgery:
1. Hairline design – future hairline is being designed accordingly to patients wish and surgeon’s recommendation.
2. Patients hairs at donor zone are trimmed in a shape of ellipse.
3. In recipient area doctor creates recipient sites by using different special needles (0,8mm to 1,1mm diameter) with depth limiters.
4. From the donor strip first the slivers are prepared and later from slivers the highly experienced team of assistants cut individual grafts for transplantation under stereomicroscope with x20 magnification.
5. Prepared grafts are put on special containers and then placed in Petri dishes.
6. 2-3 surgical assistants simultaneously start implantation process in premade recipient sites.
7. View of recepient area after hair transplant.
8. View from the back (donor area).
9. The way suture line after donor closure looks like immediately after the surgery. It's almost undetectable among hairs.
10. The way linear scar after strip excision looks like after 6 months.